Re: Lisa Disk Drive

From: Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:06:00 +0100

Le 26 fŽvr. 06, ˆ 07:54, macmoni a Žcrit :

> Hi Jerome,
> No, but it was easy for me to type that in. Of course you will
> disconnect the PIN 9 wire and the PIN 20 wire on the Sony Floppy Board
> by cutting it with a sharp knife
>> Remove the PIN from the disk ?
> Yes
>> Assuming that the red wire is '0', on the drive, where are PIN 9 and
>> 20 ?
> Look on the Sony Floppy-Board and search the ribbon connection (mostly
> left bottom when the drive lays with insertion side awya from you):
> they're often marked with 1 (and below 2) on the left side of the
> double array PINs and 19 (and below 20) on the right side.

I take the first MP-F51W-03 I found on my desk, hoping it is working. I don't know if it's a 1,44 or 800k drive ;)

I may dismantle a Mac Plus later to get it's drive, may fit better in the lisa drive cage.

> You can count:
> 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19
> 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20
> You will see PIN 9 and also PIN 20 connected to a bridge or/and to a
> resistor. Cut this connections!

I take a picture:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jerome.vernet/images/MP-F51Wb.jpg

Please confirm that I only have to cut the track that go from PIN 9 under cap C2 (*not* remove C2 !), and remove the RJ5 resistor ?

I don't want to kill my Lisa board, killink the drive itself is not a problem...

Thanks, anyway ! I never heard about this on the net before !

Jerome