Re: My Lisa need help !

From: Bernard <bernard.sfez_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 04:27:19 -0700 (PDT)

... Sorry if there is double-posting here but i don't see my previous answer for a few days.

On Oct 26, 4:59Êpm, James MacPhail <g..._at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:
> In my experience, a pattern on the screen like that is due to the CPU
> not running or a bad memory board.

> However, even with no memory, the Lisa should beep to report the error...
> -- IF everything else is working properly.

Right tha's what i think too.

> Do you have a memory board? If not, you need one.

I have 2 memory board

> I'll look at an I/O board to see if the sound signal goes near the
> battery area. But, if the CPU isn't running, that would cause both
> the bad video and no beep symptoms.
>
> Do you have any instruments besides your ohm-meter?
> A logic probe or oscilloscope?
> If not, a good AC voltmeter might be sufficient to troubleshoot.

I have AC voltmeter and i have a little electronic background. If you can help by tell me what should i do and what should i see, i would certainly help.

all the best
Bernard