Lisa keyboard repair update

From: Clinton Yelvington <cyelvington_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:54:13 -0500

Hello again, list,

I wanted to let you know what I'm doing to repair my keyboard now -- it's an arduous task, but I have about 25 keys repaired and they work beautifully. I bought a roll of double-sided foam mounting tape, and used one of the plastic discs from one of the keys to make stencils on the tape. I then cut the discs out of the tape with scissors, and put 2 of them back-to-back. I then stuck the plastic disc on one side, and the foil disc on the other, and carefully put the whole thing back inside the key. Every key I've done this to works like a charm. Now I have another issue-- somehow, the keyboard jack on the computer has been pushed inside the case enough that the keyboard plug won't go all the way in and the Lisa throws a no keyboard error on boot. It's probably a simple fix, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had the issue.

Unrelated, but I still have a working Widget drive--I'm told this greatly increases the value of the machine. I'm running LOS 2.1 at the moment.

Clinton

Sent from an iPhone 4 (32GB Black)