Re: My Lisa need help !

From: PSchaefer <dr.p.schaefer_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:03:43 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 Okt., 10:46, Bernard <bernard.s..._at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:

> > On the CPU board, replace capacitor C8.

> I would like to clarify, before working hot on the board.
> I can remove the C8 capacitor and press the reset button ?

Correct. C8, together with R2, generates the reset pulse for the CPU. Very often this capacitor gets leaky, and then /Reset is asserted infinetly. You see a stripe pattern or checkerboard on the screen. Without C8 you won't get the reset pulse, but the line is free so you can use the pushbutton to start the CPU.

> What it look to me as a resistance RP4 lost some of the external
> isolant http://i55.tinypic.com/e24d0.jpg

This part belongs to the serial ports. But this is not your problem at the moment -- video comes from the CPU board, not from the I/O.

Best regards
Patrick