Wanting a Lisa

From: Chris \ <zap_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:45:56 -0400

Greetings,

    I just joined this list a few days ago, and have been lurking for a while. I figured the Lisa crowd wouldn't be too huge, in comparison to some of the other lists I recently joined (Compact Macs, LEM Swap). I'm curious to know what my chances of finding a Lisa would be. I would prefer to be able to locate a unit somewhere in the vicinity of my locale (Cincinnati, OH) since it would probably be easier than trying to ship (and less costly too!) My background is Electrical Engineering, in which I am currently a student, so I am open to challenges. I have wanted to find a Lisa for many years now, so maybe I can eventually get my hands on one, and get it into working shape.

    One thing I am less clear about is the Lisa/Mac XL situation. Can a Mac XL be made to run the Lisa Office System again? If I am able to get a Lisa, I can't see much for having one that acts like a large Compact Mac... have enough of those already! So if you have any advice on this, or anything in general for a "well-read but otherwise Lisa beginner" please let me know

Thanks!
Chris