Re: Getting a Lisa

From: <sarahstryker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:29:25 -0400

 Kevin,
To obtain a Lisa the way you mention is gonna require luck, and being in the right place at the right time, and patience, LOTS of it! Believe it or not, it happened to me :-) and I got my Lisa 2 (Macintosh XL) for a paltry $125 after posting a 'wanted' ad on Craigslist. I truly did not believe anyone would respond to it, but unbelievably, someone did, from out of state. It was a church deacon who said the church had a Lisa 2 gathering dust since they last used it in '95 and they wanted to find a new home for it. I made them the offer, they accepted and it's got a place of honor in my collection of vintage Mac computers! Sooo, you might try Craigslist like I did. But I would not count on finding the original Lisa with the dual Twiggy drives as they're as rare as hen's teeth. Good luck! Sally