Help diagnosing problem.

From: Patnukem <Patnukem_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 03:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have been working on a lisa 2/5 I have had for a while as a hobby. I have not touched it in a while and lately I have been in the mood to repair it. The condition it is in now is a whole lot better then it was when I found it. When the power button is pressed it lights up, so does the disk drive light. I also can hear a High pitch sound from the power supply, (could be the high voltage circuit for the screen I suppose). No video on screen but does seem to display short lines on screen in several rows, kind of like

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

and they are moving upward. I have looked in as many documents as I could find to pinpoint this and have not done so. today when I was looking I noticed that there were some capacitors that looked like they were cut from the I/O. I know some are left off on purpose but these could have been taken out by the person that owned it before me (an artsy type that tore apart computers by the look of it so it would not be surprising) I also have no Hard drive for is or keyboard/ mouse, and I do not know if that will effect it's ability to display. (I would not be surprised if I knew at one time and forgot I have put this project off for a while)

Thank you all for your help,
Patrick
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2008-05-02 19:40:41