Re: 400KB Lisa floppy drive non operational- felt pressure pad is missing

From: Diogenes45 <helmut_post_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

If you choose the address below, you can read everything about the Lisa Lite card.
It's not necessary if you have a Lisa 2/10 aka XL.

http://lisafaq.sunder.net/lisafaq-hw-io_substitution.html

If you have a Lisa 2/10 then your internal HD should be an Apple Widget hard disk. Otherwise you might have a SUN HD20 as a replacement instead.
(Or this: http://lisafaq.sunder.net/lisafaq-hw-exp-scsi_devices.html)- SCSI hard disks don't work with Lisa OS, Lisa OS will simply ignore them. SCSI drives only work under MacWorks(Plus) and higher.

If you are using a Mac 800 KB floppy drive in the Lisa, you need a different disk controller 800K EPROM. You can get it from: http://www.vintagemicros.com or:
http://stores.ebay.com/VintageMicros

BTW: You should first test your 800K floppy disk drive in a Macintosh (I use my trusty old Macintosh Plus) all 800KB Mac drives are working in a Lisa, the 400KB drives are fully functional in a Mac Plus (or in an earlier Mac128K, 512K= Fat Mac). Some of them even work in Macintosh II(x) or IIcx. If the 400KB floppy disk drive works properly in a Mac Plus under OS 6.x or 5.x, it should be running fine in a Lisa as well.
If the 800 kb floppy drive is fully functional in a Mac, it should work flawlessly in a Lisa 2/10 with a 800KB (SUNrem) disk controller EPROM. I hope, this helps you a little further.

Helmut