Re: lisa 2 startup problems

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 16:04:57 -0800

>I just did a quick recheck of the COP chip.
> ... the oscillator is working correctly. I suppose the COP chip is
>dead although there might be other problems (interrupted traces) on
>the motherboard and/or IO Board.

Since the COP drives the oscillator circuit, it isn't completely dead, but I don't know if a bad COP always has a dead oscillator. Anyone else?

If you isolate the COP power-on output pin (by bending it out so it doesn't enter the socket), you can check if it is trying to switch, suggesting there is another problem preventing power-on.

>Does the Lisa power supply start without CPU board?

I tested this moments ago, and yes, without a CPU board installed, pressing the power button does turn on the power.