Re: Backup of Apple III System Demo Disk

From: Paul Hagstrom <hagstromp_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 03:54:37 -0500

I haven't actually tried this yet, it's on my list of things to do, but I too wound up with a failure $06 when I made a disk from the apple3.org image. What I was at least planning on trying is just using Locksmith or some similar nibble copy program and see if that makes a successful copy. I'm assuming it would work. ADTPro is capable of making nibble and half-track images of disks, but it doesn't write them back out to disk, so Locksmith is a better option for just making a copy of the disk.

There's an "Apple /// enthusiasts" group on Facebook that might get your question in front of a bigger III-knowledgeable audience.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/appleiii/

-Paul