Re: Lisa 2 Repair

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 14:51:20 -0800

Those voltages are within tolerance.

The 2/10 I/O board never had batteries, but you do have corrosion on a memory board so that card cage may have had a Lisa 2 I/O board in it at one time. Check the motherboard and card slots for more corrosion.

That also brings up the possibility that the card cage doesn't match the chassis wiring. Since you have a 2/10 I/O board, you probably have a 2/10 card cage (back panel has an interrupt button but no parallel port), and the chassis should have 2/10 cabling (two ribbon cables in the drive cage area are different widths).

Since you have had varying symptoms on powering up (checkerboard and grey screen), I suspect you have a bad contact (at least). Clean the boards' edge connectors with a pencil eraser (don't erase the gold!).

It looks like your CPU board never had the capacitor added to C5. I doubt that is a problem.

The cut trace near C46 on the 2/10 I/O board is intentional, and the wire connected to that trace is an original Apple modification.