New Apple Lisa owner

From: MrUnclefalter <bradhodge75_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 23:49:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,

I recently acquired a Lisa 2. I had to do repairs to the I/o board, which was badly corroded. I managed to pull it off though and got it booting. The profile drive it came with had Macworks on it.. which it booted up ok. I don't think this unit had the square pixel modification.

I'm trying to find out, for my own interest, if this was once a Lisa 1 that was upgraded to Mac XL specs. The model number on the case corresponds to XL. However internally.. I have two drive cables and a mystery 3 pin power connector. One of the drive cables is connected to the Lisa Lite card, which appears to be mounted lower than what I've seen on Lisa 2 that were produced as such. The cage also looks like a Twiggy drive cage. .or at least what is attributed to be one via Google searches I've done. The 400k drive is mounted to a plate that has been installed on the bottom, held by four bolts.

This is the serial and other info from the bottom:

Serial A3245708
Applenet 00104316

Manufactured 3245

Just for my own interest.. is this unit likely to have been a Lisa 1 originally that was upgraded? Did Apple reissue the serial numbers when they did those upgrades? I know Lisa 1 serial numbers usually start with B.

I know I'll never find Twiggy drives or the front bezel, etc.. but it'd still be kind of neat to think this might once have been a 1.

Any advice/opinion welcome!

Brad

You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist ---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. Received on 2013-12-30 12:12:19