Re: Re: Lisa Keyboard Foam

From: PSchaefer <dr.p.schaefer_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:19:40 -0700 (PDT)

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2014 17:16:35 UTC+2 schrieb alker:

> Patrick, which one of these foams from the ebay shop is the right one? on
your pic it
> looks like the mylar foil is already on this foam, right?

This type gave the best results:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/1Rolle-10mx15mmx3mm-Dammband-Isolierband-Vorlegeband-/130326958083?pt=DE_Heimwerker_Baustoffe&hash=item1e58179003 That stuff is not really expensive, so I ordered a few different types and tried them. One side of the foam has an adhesive coating, here I have applied the metallized foil. The other side has been glued to the original plastic disks that snap into the key stem.

You can use metallized foil from a crisps or peanuts bag (as shown on the photo), or check your kitchen stock, some bakery stuff comes in silver plastic bags. In case one side is conductive, it has to face away from the keyboard PCB. To close the switch, metal has to be in the proximity, but must not short the contacts.

Patrick