Recapping a power supply

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 21:18:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I have a broken 1.2 amp power supply, and I thought I’d try recapping it in hopes that I can make it work again. This may also be good practice for future recapping work (see my other post).

This is my first time undertaking this kind of repair*, and while I’m pretty sure I’ve got the soldering skills to do it, I’m less certain about the parts I need to get. In particular, I’m not sure about the replacements for C1, C2, C3, C4, and what I think are C12 and C13 (can’t find a marking on the board). Some basic observations about power supply electrolytics and C1-C4 is here:

https://github.com/stepleton/lisacapcensus/blob/master/620-0120_Power_Supply.txt

For that matter, I don’t know if replacing every one of these capacitors is strictly necessary.

Here’s what I’m confused about:

C1-C4 are some kinds of AC filtering caps, and I’m not quite sure what they’re called or how to find them on electronics components sites. They’re the yellow-colored boxes with writing on them in this photo: https://goo.gl/photos/FnzoCEi4qLdxAk6c9

C12 and C13 are enormous and have four leads each—and it looks like there are holes in the PCB to accommodate up to 5 pins. I haven’t been able to find anything like these at Mouser or Digi-Key. https://goo.gl/photos/XZ95SGnZSARdtMQr7

Any help in preparing a list of components to order would be very welcome!

Thanks,
—Tom