[lisaem] New version of LisaEm up for downloads

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:38:20 -0500

Jerome Vernet (Orange) wrote:
> With the 10.3.7 version, open dialog box are broken: I cannot choose
> disk :(. Disk are grayed, and no field to type into...

This is a horrible bug inside wxWidgets. I thought it was in just the wxFileSelector, but apparently it's in the class version of that. :-( This is what caused XP to crash on the floppy insert. You can try to mess around with the compilation options for wxWidgets. I don't know what the actual problem is, but it's universal, and it's random.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it breaks. The one thing in common is the extension filter. You can try to get rid of the *.dc42 filter path and replace it with either wxEmptyString or "". That might help.

And what's worse about this is that what works on one platform causes problems on another. It's very inconsistent.

> I try a new build, with the modification (RTFRF, yes, I know ;)), but I
> alway get a very very very slow build, unable to work (sometime, it will
> display the Lisa boot screen, after more than 5 minutes !). I use
> wxWidegt 2.8.2, freshly build from sources, and wx-config is in the path.

I'm surprised it's so slow. Can you get 2.8.0? Maybe there's something new in the .2 that breaks things.

Mind you, not all of the bugs are wxWidgets' - there are plenty in there that are mine. :-) But at least for mine, I can find them a lot more easily since I know where to look and what to look for.

Here's the fix for the mouse/skin initialization bug:

in lisaem_wx.cpp around line 1415 in method LisaEmApp::OnInit

    // this is a global setting - must be right before the LisaFrame!     skins_on =(int)myConfig->Read(_T("/displayskins"),(long)1);     skins_on_next_run=skins_on;

    // Create the main application window     my_lisaframe=new LisaEmFrame(wxT("LisaEm"));

The two skins_on lines need to go before the my_lisaframe instantiation. Received on 2007-03-14 16:38:21