Re: Mouse keeps getting stuck

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:50:35 -0500

Kallikak wrote:
> I am using XP on a 2GHz dual-core CPU with 2GB Ram. The first release
> worked fine for me, but both the last two have exhibited this problem.
> I have not attempted to build it myself because of the wxwindows
> dependency.

With the 3/14, there's a skins related bug where if skins are turned on, it doesn't initialize them
properly, and turns the mouse off. The fix for this is in the 3/15 version, but can be worked
around by either shutting skins off, or re-enabling them.

Between the preview and the betas, I did change the refresh rate multiplier, which works better
on some machines, but not on others. The next release will have an option to switch refresh
rates.

Can you do me a favor and download this version? It's compiled from the current code base
which might have fixed this issue. Try all three refresh rates and let me know which, if any
solve the issue on your machine. Note that the refresh rate is in terms of the emulated Lisa,
not in terms of the host. So even if you select 12Hz, if the MHz indicator is higher than 5MHz,
you'll get much faste refreshes. The runaway speed is still a problem. (On my machine, it
easily shoots up between 40-50Mhz.)

http://lisaem.sunder.net/20070319/lisaem.exe

To use this, rename the previous lisaem.exe to something like lisaem.0315.exe (do not run it
with this extension or the preferences will no longer work properly since they're based on
the executable name) then drag the 0319 version to the same folder.

The one problem I notice with this version is that the status bar at the bottom flickers. To fix
this maximize or resize the screen a bit.

(This isn't an official release, and contains extra debugging code which will slow it down a bit,
just trying to see if the current code solves the mouse/display issues.) Received on 2007-03-19 10:50:36