Re: [lisaem] 1.0.0 RC 1 is now available for download

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:01:37 -0400

Jerome,

To fix the window size you can try this:

 From the terminal window, cd into your {home directory}/Library/Preferences/
and edit the "LisaEm Preferences" file. You can use vi, or if you want you can just type in open "LisaEm Preferences"

Find the sections that look like this:
[lisaframe]

width=something
height=something
[lisawin]

width=something
height=something

Delete them and save the file. The next time LisaEm starts it should use the defaults. I suspect the values in there are much larger than your screen. Alternatively you can change them. Also, please email me the current values you see there so that I can figure out what went wrong with the defaults.

The values in LisaWin are the size of the window, the values in lisaframe are the display inside of that window which should be a little bit smaller. If they're the same, the status line won't show up, but once you resize the window, it should be fine. If you make changes to the display menu (hide the mouse, or change the refresh rate, it will save the new values.)

So, the next thing:

Can you compile your own version like this:

./build clean build --with-debug

At the end of the compilation that should launch gdb. Type in "run" and lisaem will start, but keep the terminal window from which you compiled on top.

When you see it taking up 99% of the CPU, press Control-C inside the gdb window, then type in "bt" and send me the result.

I'm curious to see where it's locking up.

That should hopefully get me the information I need to help fix these bugs, and thank you again for finding them. Received on 2007-04-05 20:01:39