Re: LisaEm 1.2.5 released - more bug fixes, and more bugs

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:30:58 -0500

Kallikak wrote:
> Just tried version 1.2.5 on Windows XP. Instant crash. :-(
>
> Draws the main window outline, but dies before any contents are
> displayed.
>
> I then deleted the old registry settings and was able to start up, but
> after bringing up and expanding the About box it crashed again.
>
> After again deleting the registry settings, it started up again and
> worked ok. Clipping of the about box was problematic with skins on,
> but it did not again crash the program.

After a bit of experimenting on an XP machine I found that a few of the video modes are broken. Anti Alias and Anti Alias with Gray work, the others cause a crash, and since the preference is saved, it'll cause the same crash each time LisaEm starts up. Deleting the preferences is a good temporary workaround until I fix the bugs there. Also, under windows, some of the window update events get eaten and the display has regions that aren't updated.

Minimizing and Maximizing the window fixes it, but of course that's another bug that I need to figure out and fix. Received on 2007-11-27 06:30:59