Re: new version of lisaem?

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:21:46 -0400

barana wrote:
> Thx no I was under the wrong impression. It seems to boot and run.
> Still looking for the C compiler tho,
>
> I'll do some testing on my pismo If that would help you.It runs in
> 48mb ram here according to system monitor.
> Spose that means we won't see a 9.x version, eh? :)

Unlikely, sorry. Classic Mac OS is too different from the other environments I wrote LisaEm for. It wouldn't be too easy to port.
> Feature requests? oh yeah a classic macos version?

Well, if you have Metrowerks CodeWarrior for OS 9, you could always attempt to port it to OS 9 yourself. Rip out all the wxWidgets code and replace with equivalent OS 9 UI calls.
You could trim the number of initially allocated IPCs to half and implement something to aggressively free them in order to limit memory utilization down to 16MB. Won't be too easy. Received on 2009-08-20 10:21:46