Re: Lisa GEMDOS

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:38:53 -0400

Nama wrote:
> Also, I have noticed that a disk image made when the emulator was
> ROMless, don't seem to load when ROM's are installed. I've tried ROM's
> H, F and the XL one too. I've also tried them using the images from
> the on-borard virtual parallel port and the dual parallel port (with
> the ROM installed). No go!

The paths to the boot ROM and the dual parallel port card ROM are stored in the individual preference files, not the global one. So if you've created a ROMless Lisa, it will stay that way until you change that specific preference.

You shouldn't try to move bootable profile images from the parallel port to the dual parallel port card ports. Lisa Office Systems stores information to where to boot from in the PRAM (also stored in the individual preferences files), and if you move them, you may get LOS errors on startup.

I've not been able to get GEMDOS to work on LisaEm 1.2.6. It crashes the emulator.
1.3.0-DEV crashes while trying to execute opcode 0089 after displaying a white screen with what looks to be a square black cursor in the upper left corner. Not sure what that's about. Received on 2010-03-22 10:38:55