Re: Re-Introducing the First, and Fully Functional, Lisa Emulator

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:22:50 -0500

Kallikak wrote:
> I find the cross-hairs a little disconcerting, and would prefer it to
> just show the mouse - even if the mouse lags a little.

It's really for debugging. I wanted to do a single dot cursor, sort of like VNC for until mouse movement issues are fixed, but wx doesn't have one and would have to build either an icon or bitmap for it. Was too lazy, so used the crosshairs. :-)
> I haven't had any luck with the Lisa OS 2.0 disks from the mothership,
> but version 3 and the associated apps all look fine.

That's good. Not sure about why 2.0 breaks, will have to try.
> It's certainly funny when it complains about the date but won't let me
> set a year greater than 1995! :-)

I wonder if Apple will accept a bug report on that ;-)

Within LOS there is a routine that gets the date, it adds 1980 to the value returned from the cops. So I'll have to revisit this and issue a year patch. Should be fairly easy to set it to say, 2007 or anything else. No idea whether LOS or other apps will have problems with this however. Received on 2007-01-29 23:22:52