Re: Best place to buy a replacement keyboard from ???

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:09:01 -0500

Michael Simshauser wrote:
> Greetings List,
> I am currently *attempting* to restore an Apple Lisa 2/5 to its
> previous glory, but I have been unable to procure a keyboard or
> replacement FDD. Since Sun Remarketing have been bought out and Vintage
> Micros doesn't appear to have any of these parts, does anybody know of
> anywhere that I can get these parts short of purchasing a whole system
> (which I don't want to do as it: 1) defeats the purpose of restoring ,
> 2) would cost a packet , 3) shipping would cost a packet as I am south
> of the equator). Any assistance would be appreciated.

Speaking of Vintage Micro, you're in luck. Item number: 140081076898 on ebay from him has several broken keyboards for very cheap. You could try to restore these using this article (assuming microcontroller inside it is ok)
http://lisafaq.sunder.net/lisafaq-hw-kb_repair.html

I'd buy two of those so you'd have parts to swap if needed (i.e. caps, springs, etc.) It seems with ebay, getting Lisa parts is hard. Not sure where'd you'd go for them south of the equator, but shipping will be a pain.

I suppose a good project would be to build a replacement keyboard if you have the electronics skills to do that - (I don't.) but it wouldn't be the original, so that depends on the level of restoration that you're after.
> BTW, Ray excellent work on the Lisa Emulator. Your efforts are
> appreciated =)

Thank you. :-) Received on 2007-03-12 10:09:03