Re: quiet down that noizy ProFile

From: simon <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:24:03 +0200

On 12-mei-06, at 2:30, Jason Perkins wrote:

> Ya, I took that grounding arm off totally... it's not the source of
> noize.
>
> Here's a recording:
> http://compu85.homeip.net/stuff/Lisa/Profile/profile.mp3

that is defently a ballbearing noise. when i got my second lisa with a widget drive, the noise was even worse than a jet engine. i got rid of it by letting it run for three days on its side. it seems that the heat of the drive melted the left over grease and let it run in the path of the balls again. running it upside down for a while could do the trick as well i think.

--

met vriendelijke groet

Simon Claessen
simski_at_email.domain.hidden