Re: Low-level formatting a ProFile or a Widget

From: James Rice <james.rice_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 11:42:58 -0600

On 1/6/07, Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:

> If it really needs a low level format, you're pretty much out of luck as
> no one we're aware of knows or is able to low-level format a Widget
> drive. A few people can low-level format ProFile drives with a special
> ROM and an Apple II, but even this is rare.
>
> I'd try to reinstall LisaOffice if at all possible. If the drive has
> too many bad sectors (and its spare table is full), however, it will not
> install.
>

> cyelvington_at_email.domain.hidden wrote:
> >
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I have a Lisa 2/10 that has been in the shop for over a year now for
> > various repair reasons. I have been collaborarting with the
> > repairperson about trying to get this thing fixed one way or another,
> > and he and I have come to the conclusion that the Widget drive needs a
> > low-level format. However, we lack the software to do this. Does anyone
> > know how or where we can obtain the software to low-level format the
> > disk?

Have you thought about switching to John's xProfile card and running the Lisa off a IDE drive or a CF card? I know it's expensive but when I finally get my Lisa, that's the route I plan to go.

James (future Lisa owner, I hope)

--
www.blackcube.org - The Texas State Home for Wayward and Orphaned Computers