Re: Found a place where you can download lisa images

From: simon <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:54:12 +0200

On 13-apr-07, at 15:49, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> If you have images already in DART format, try to convert them to Disk
> Copy 4.2, but whatever you do, DO NOT USE Disk Copy 6.3 as it will
> strip
> off the tag data. This is ok for data floppies to be used on MacWorks,
> but for the actual copy of MacWorks, or Lisa Office System diskettes,
> the tags are required!

with disk copy 6.1 and higher, you can convert them to 4.2 format. unfortunately, i am unable to read the dart images from ftp://wac.callapple.org/pub/66.223.113.50/pub/Lisa because with ftp, the resource fork gets lost. :-( and the type and application info is also lost. hopefully this data will be available in another form soon. the callapple site is still a work in progress.

my best suggestion for making floppies for your next is using a 800k mac with system 7. a mac SE is the best to use due to the internal HD. the powerbooks al have a 1.4 drive and a swim chip

and using the mo's or zip disks, you can go straight from mac osx to sys 7

btw DID someone used dart images succesfully from the callapple site?

--

met vriendelijke groet

Simon Claessen
simski_at_email.domain.hidden