Re: is there need for a wiki for the lisa?

From: simon <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:36:34 +0200

On 15-mei-2007, at 12:12, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> That's fine by me. I could set something up. I'm not sure I have
> enough time to manage a wiki, so I'd need a bit of help moderating it,
> but beyond the stuff that lives on LisaFAQ, what would be hosted there
> that's different from the FAQ?

well, there is no need for a active moderator in a wiki, We all moderate info. the only task of the owner of the wiki is to make regular backups for if the server crashes. If a page is altered, the older version is allways available for restoration. The fun part is that colaborating on a topic can be done by more persons at the same time. for example, i can setup a doc on Xenix and soeone can acorrect me if i'm wrong. there is no need for a preset structure, as the wiki can be structured on the fly.

its very elegant and intuitive.

for example, take a look at www.unna.org about another orphan of me: my Apple Newton. There is a wiki on http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

browse around and see how things work. this takes the load of a faq manager enormous. and you can choose for restricted edititng or open. i prefer open as for directness and we are in a nice anyway. if you have lets say 200 contributors, that changes of course

--

met vriendelijke groet

Simon Claessen
simski_at_email.domain.hidden