Re: Got a Lisa! Now I need to get it running.

From: Highcountryrider <highcountryrider_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:49:50 -0700

 >I saw previous postings that had a list of parts and where to get them  >from DigiKey which I've been meaning to add the the LisaFAQ. You might
 >want to do the same.

Thanks, I found the list for the caps and will include it. I was lucky and have no
bad caps, which is surprising as they do die of old age.

The environments window is more graceful than the reset switch, but sometimes is the only option. ;-)

Bill

"Always remember that this whole thing was started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

Ted Hodges fixed his with the head from q-tip (cotton swab for those outside of the USA) http://lowendmac.com/hodges/07/0326.html Sometimes a hack is just as good. :-)

> And I heartily agree-don't power up any more than you have to. If
> your power supply is going to fry, that's when it will go. (If you
> hold down the Apple key when you hit the power button and use
> the environments window to restart, you can avoid some power
> cycling.)

(You can also reach behind it and push the reset button, but obviously don't do that when Lisa Office System is running.)

> (BTW I will be completing the power supply repair guide as time
> permits. It needs pictures and instructions for building a test jig.)

I saw previous postings that had a list of parts and where to get them from DigiKey which I've been meaning to add the the LisaFAQ. You might want to do the same.

> Be kind to Lisa; she's an old lady. :-)
Yup. One might assume that since I've been insane enough to write an emulator that I spend a lot of time with my Lisas turned on, this is the furtherest thing from the truth. I almost never power them on, except as a last resort, when I just can't get what I need done otherwise. I've probably clocked less than 10 hours on the Lisas in the last two years.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---