Re: Got a Lisa! Now I need to get it running.

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:53:12 -0400

Ted Hodges fixed his with the head from q-tip (cotton swab for those outside of the USA) http://lowendmac.com/hodges/07/0326.html Sometimes a hack is just as good. :-)

> And I heartily agree-don't power up any more than you have to. If
> your power supply is going to fry, that's when it will go. (If you
> hold down the Apple key when you hit the power button and use
> the environments window to restart, you can avoid some power
> cycling.)

(You can also reach behind it and push the reset button, but obviously don't do that when Lisa Office System is running.)

> (BTW I will be completing the power supply repair guide as time
> permits. It needs pictures and instructions for building a test jig.)

I saw previous postings that had a list of parts and where to get them from DigiKey which I've been meaning to add the the LisaFAQ. You might want to do the same.

> Be kind to Lisa; she's an old lady. :-)
Yup. One might assume that since I've been insane enough to write an emulator that I spend a lot of time with my Lisas turned on, this is the furtherest thing from the truth. I almost never power them on, except as a last resort, when I just can't get what I need done otherwise. I've probably clocked less than 10 hours on the Lisas in the last two years. Received on 2007-08-19 21:53:13