Re: uniplus disks imaged

From: gilles <gilles.fetis_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 05:10:11 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't think that has anything to do with the crash (although I could
> be wrong). Under all Unices that I've seen (which is quite a few), the
> kernel (or equivalent) doesn't care about whether there are serial
> terminals present, since it has nothing whatsoever to do with login. The
> kernel usually just provides an interface to the serial port, on which
> you can start a login program or whatever. The only way that serial
> ports would be likely to cause the kernel to crash is if the emulation
> is broken

the emulation is broken, in fact SCC is not emulated, just traced but the kernel does not seem to be really crashed... it just acts as if the
console is not present...

I now that some unixes needs tty lines in /etc/init to bring console. The problem here is that we don't have a working system to compare. Since Uniplus may have a terminal on serial B, it would be interesting to see what happens on this port on real hardware, also, it will be interesting
to trace if data are sent to this serial port (with the emulator).

 (and it crashes there on real hardware as well, so that is

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---