Re: uniplus disks imaged

From: gilles <gilles.fetis_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Also, if you look in the photos, it seems that once UniPlus is fully
> loaded you see a black console with white text.  But the installer
> program shows white text in the small square drawn by the ROM.  So is
> the program that you're referring to the actual kernel or not, is
> another question that we need an answer for.  It might be the kernel and
> it might be the same console driver just using different parameters, but
> I can't say for sure.
the emulator goes to this white on black screen with the banner. I also can choose the swap unit. then I get the 2 serial port message...
and then... nothing.
I suppose "sunix" (offset 201 of disk A) is a special kernel for 1st step of installation, then unix is the normal kernel but it's only a guess.

> I suspect that this is probably an emulation bug - I haven't seen this
> in real life on a real Lisa.  I was able to install Xenix on a profile
> that previous had MacWorks back in my early Lisa days.  You might want
> to try this with a profile that already has another OS and try to
> install Xenix on top of it.  Since you have a real Lisa, I guess you can
> try it there and see how it works.

in that case, the emulator does not crash but Xenix issue a seg fault. It can be a bug, since my
profile support is not complete but it seems more a native problem.

I won't try on real hardware now... I have to repair my power supply first...
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2015-07-15 16:43:04