Re: Battery Corrosion, what is this?

From: tommoni <tommoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:19:03 +0100

hi

yes, it seems that some connections are corroded. You should solder an isolated wire to get them 100% ok again. On the picture there is broken the trace R45 to Q1 and you should fix that.
I can't see another broken trace due to the picture's resolution, but it's recommended to check the connections with a low-voltage ohm- meter and fix them all.

But, it's not very critical, I've seen much more corroded boards :-) It's very likely that none of the traces in the second or the layers below are cut, only the few on top: the layer 1

... and you should not use vinegar or similar acid fluids, because they don't stop corrosion. It's better to use water with soap or dishwasher fluid or sth. like that.

greetings TOM from Bavaria, the center of europe, the marvellous castles of Koenig Ludwig e.g. Neuschwanstein and last but not least the original Oktoberfest !

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---