Re: Now where would I find the UNIPLUS disk images to download?

From: Shirl Casner <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:58:54 -0600

Hi,

| Can any one explain what the following are: | REDHEDLISAQDDEMOIMAGE This is David Redhed's QuickDraw demo that he created in 1983 as part of his Lisa work. More comprehensive demo than Apple's QDSample program.

| SMALLTALK
| I didn't think small-talk can run on a lisa

Smalltalk was the Lisa's first operating system from around 1980/81 timeframe. Apple, along with several other companies, participated in a technology experiment run by Xerox which allowed these companies to implement Smalltalk on their systems. Each company documented its results and Xerox published a book (Smaltalk Bits of History?). Apple later (ca. 1985 released their Smalltalk implementation for a minimal price. I have this and all the documents.

Hope this helps.