Re: My Lisa need help !

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:05:27 -0700

You've come to the right place to get help with your Lisa.

You don't need those batteries... they keep the clock running for a day or two when the Lisa is unplugged, then they are drained and eager to leak. Removing the batteries entirely is highly recommended.

The battery leakage usually corrodes some of the copper traces and so you should look for an open circuit or two in that area. That might address the beep problem.

More info:

   http://lisafaq.sunder.net/lisafaq-hw-io_batteries.html

The screen problem is probably not related to the I/O board/battery corrosion... it is typically a potentiometer on the video board that causes a video problem... see:

   http://lisafaq.sunder.net/lisafaq-hw-vid_jumpy.html

If that doesn't help, a description/photo of the screen would be useful for diagnosis.

Good luck!

James