Re: Apple 400k drive

From: tezza <terry_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:54:59 -0700 (PDT)

Update: I now have a working 400k drive for my second Lisa!

I'd like to say I fixed one of the ones I had but no. I did take a look at the hall effect sensors with a scope but there was nothing inconsistant I could see in either of the drives? No, it was John Woodall to the resuce. John sold me the X/Profile emulator. He generously donated some spare drives he had for the project...cost was shipping only.

THANK YOU John!

Two of the drives seem fine, so I even have a spare!

So, I've now got two Lisa's up and running, a Lisa 2 and a Lisa 2/10. It would be nice to find a working Profile to turn the Lisa 2 into a Lisa 2/5 but I think that might be wishful thinking (-:

The resotoration project's not quite over. I need to by some rubber feet for the Lisas and the keys on one of the keyboards are a kind of olive green colour. Time for a retr0bright soak I think. Then I'll be done.

I'll write up the a summary and take some pictures for my blog. I'll post a link here when it's done. Thanks to everyone on the list that made helpful comments. The Lisas have been both challenging and fun to work on.

Terry (Tez)