Re: Lisa repair questions

From: Rudolf Brandstötter <R.Brandstoetter_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:55:11 +0200

Many thanks to the replies so far!

I could fix problem #2: The #52 error had nothing to do with the COPS 421 chip on the I/O board; I changed the CPU board again and the error has gone. The CPU board works fine in another Lisa, so strange problem with strange solution - but it helped.

The problem with the power supply still exists. I wonder why in the manual there is a temperature sensor mentioned but experts here say there isn't one.. I have now 3 power supplies that suffer from that problem; the capacitors look fine - optically there are no signs that they might be the problem. Should all capacitors be replaced or are there some usual supects?

Another thing: I'm looking for a good working Lisa 1/2 motherboard (that one with the parallel port on the back). Does anyone have a spare board? I'd buy it or trade it against other Lisa stuff (CPU board, I/O board, ... whatever).

Thanks
Rudi