Re: Questions for IDEfile users

From: Al Kossow <aek_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:00:34 -0700

On 8/3/12 10:27 AM, Al Kossow wrote:

> The next thing I have to try is doing an install of something from floppies to see if
> that works.

and it does.. 7/7 and Workshop 3 are booting and running fine loaded from floppy.

BLU loads and runs just fine if you specify the partition as a Profile, and Patrick reminded me that IDEfile does not simulate Widget commands, which probably explains why I can't boot any of the partitions copied from a Widget. The only remaining mystery was the problem I had with the CF adapter, which I'm not going to look at right now since the Transend DOM works fine. So, back to data recovery. About a dozen Widgets, with a high percentage of loose optical sensors so far :-(