Re: lisa 2 startup problems

From: Alex <alexandru.flocka_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 22:27:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello James, Tezza,

Thanks for the help :)

I tested the IO Board from the LISA 2/10 and it works (I have also modified the Lisa Lite but was late for work so no time to test with the 400k Sony floppy) although, the IO Board from the LISA 2/10 was working fine because I got no error and the ROM reported correctly 88.

I have also installed the ROM from the 2/5 IO Board into the 2/10 IO board and got the correct number A8, so the ROM should be fine.

The 6504 processor is working fine since I swapped them between the two IO boards. I will search for shared memory chips to change them on the defective IO board.
Do you have a good schematics for the LISA 2/5 IO Board? I have some schematics for the 2/10 and a schematic that is barely visible from the Hardware Manual edition 1981.

Further I have to dig into the CPU Board to get it working, the original CPU Board from the LISA 2/5 won't work, I get no bip, no nothing except some weird capacitor sound from the PSU when this board is connected, something should be draining to much power I think. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to measure something on this board while inserted into the card cage.

Have a nice Week,
Alex

luni, 7 ianuarie 2013, 03:26:50 UTC+2, James MacPhail a scris: