Re: The Twiggy Macintosh prototype is alive...

From: David Greelish <dgreelish_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 13:16:45 -0400

This is very cool, but the links don't naturally work, you have to remove the "[/img]

In any case, I downloaded the images and put them on a web page off my site. I am going to talk about this today on my podcast, the Retro Computing Roundtable - http://www.youtube.com/rcrpodcast

We will be streaming live at 4 pm eastern. I hope sharing the pics is OK Adam? And it is Adam vs. Steve?

http://www.classiccomputing.com/Mac_Twiggy/Mac_Twiggy.html
> The Twiggy Macintosh prototype is alive...
> "adamg_at_email.domain.hidden" <adamg_at_email.domain.hidden> Mar 12 03:26PM -0700
>
> It's alive!...
> I hope the following will set the records straight. Some of you may know me
> as eBay seller "wozniac". I just want you let you all know that over the
> past year I have exausted many resourses and went as far as I could go in
> order to facilitate the resurrection of this Twiggy Macintosh 128k
> prototype. To everyone's delight, yes - it lives! 2 disks were found.<p>
>
> I was able to have the disks shipped up to me in Canada, then sent over to
> James McPhail who was able to archive and duplicate the disks by means of
> the Basic Lisa Utility which he wrote. This is a truly amazing feat and
> discovery. I wish to share all of this with you.<p>
>
> More stories and information to come, This is "insanely great" !<br>
> Steve Sez...<p>
>
> [img]http://adam.trideja.com/PrototypeTwiggyMac/SantaCruzNovember2012/IMG_6975.JPG[/img]<br>
> [img]http://adam.trideja.com/PrototypeTwiggyMac/SantaCruzNovember2012/IMG_6756.JPG[/img]<br>
> [img]http://adam.trideja.com/PrototypeTwiggyMac/SantaCruzNovember2012/IMG_6972.JPG[/img]<br>
> [img]http://adam.trideja.com/PrototypeTwiggyMac/SantaCruzNovember2012/IMG_6760.JPG[/img]<br>
> [img]http://adam.trideja.com/PrototypeTwiggyMac/SantaCruzNovember2012/IMG_6722.JPG[/img]<br>
> [img]http://adam.trideja.com/PrototypeTwiggyMac/SantaCruzNovember2012/IMG_6752.JPG[/img]
>
> chandra bajpai <cbajpai_at_email.domain.hidden> Mar 15 11:10PM -0400
>
> Adam...thats absolutely fabulous. Last weekend Bill Budge of
> RasterBlaster fame tweeted a picture of such a prototype.
> Could you upload a Youtube video of the Mac in action/booting...any
> surprising finds?
> -Chandra
>

> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group lisalist.
> You can post via email.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
> For more options, visit this group.

> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com.

Best,

David Greelish, Computer Historian
http://about.me/davidgreelish

Director of the Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 1.0 - 4/20 & 4/21, 2013 http://vintage.org/2013/southeast/