Re: Sun MFM controller formatting

From: Lisa2.com <rick_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:09:39 -0700 (PDT)

My best guess is that the formatting/testing routines in the sun firmware would not be run with a Lisa or MacWorks based application (using the HD par. port interface), but run directly off the board over some type of simple terminal connection. The ST-506 interface uses RS-422 signaling for data (you can clearly see the RS-422 line drivers on the board), and the Lisa supports RS-422 (and also every mac at that time). Looking a the picture of the board, it's not obvious where to connect the terminal, but I will bet it's there somewhere.
Rick