Modern replacement power supplies for Apple ProFile hard drive?

From: Bryan Villados <groink1_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 02:26:24 -1000

I have two Apple ProFile drives, both of which have the 115/230V power supplies. Both have blown the same capacitor - the 0.1 microfarad capacitor.

Rather than trying to replace all the caps in these power supplies, I'm hoping that there are more modern power supplies out there that I could use to replace the Apple ProFile power supplies. I'm looking for one that can fit internally, and should be able to fit in the same power supply cabinet as the original, as the controller board mounts on top of the power supply's chassis.

The power supply supplies +5VDC and +/-12VDC. There are two power connectors: one connects to the hard disk drive, and the other connects to the controller board. Reading the service manual, the power cable that connects to the controller board is used so that the controller board can detect loss of power, so that it minimize data loss that might have been still stored in the controller board's memory.

Thanks!