Re: Lisa not powering up

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 13:37:01 -0800

If your drive cage has two ribbon cables the same width, you have a Lisa 2 chassis. [If they are different widths, you have a 2/10 chassis.]

The Lisa 2 motherboard has the built-in parallel port signals routed to the DB-25 on the back panel (beside the mouse connector). [The 2/10 motherboard does not have a back panel parallel port as the signals are routed to the wide cable in the drive cage.]

In essence, the Lisa 2 was not designed to have an internal hard disk. [The 2/10 was.]

When an internal hard disk is installed in a Lisa 2, it gets power from the Twiggy ribbon cable (in the drive cage), and a completely separate/additional 25 pin data cable is routed (through a hole in the chassis) to plug into the parallel port on the back panel of the card cage.

The three wire connector isn't useful.