Re: Value of stock Lisa 2/10

From: Tom Frikker <tom.frikker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 17:08:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi Clinton,
I personally couldn't tell you, simply, what a Lisa 2/10 is worth. In fact, no one on this forum could give you a hard-set price, as the price fluctuates greatly for Lisas and Lisa parts (having purchased several, I can vouch for this). Your best assessment of value would be to check the Sold listings on eBay; this will give you the most recent price estimate. I can give you a couple tips on what would make your Lisa's value rise, though.
1. If you have a working Widget drive. Widget drives are prone to failure, due to a small glass element on the inside of the drive. Once it breaks, it's done. Having one that works is amazing; be sure to package the drive cage nicely during shipping to protect it. 2. Having manuals and system disks is definitely a plus. Be glad that you have those, they're more coveted than you might think. 3. Hearing that you've fixed the keyboard is a good sign. Even if some of the keys are a little unresponsive, that's certainly better than the whole thing not working (as is the case with my keyboard undergoing maintenance). As for the jack, the screws on the switch/jack card may be a little loose, allowing the assembly to slip back a little into the cage. It should be a relatively easy fix if you know what to do. As for the video, this is a common problem. If it's not jumpy an excessive amount of time, I wouldn't worry about that affecting the value too much.

What's the condition of the 400k drive? Has it been greased/cleaned recently?

Hope this helps! Contact me with any questions you may have, and good luck with the sale.
-Tom