Re: Insides of a Widget disk

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

I've noticed this same sticky head problem in my Widget, but my solution is different:

  1. Turn on computer.
  2. Hit space during self-test to trigger STARTUP FROM menu. Wait.
  3. If Widget is online, boot from Widget. Done. Otherwise:
  4. Enter Service Mode.
  5. Reboot computer via option 6 (POWER CYCLE). Goto 2.

With each boot, the Widget tries to walk the read head again, and I've found that it gets a little bit further with every attempt. After enough "exercise", it eventually starts working again.

--Tom