Lisa 2 Keyboard - CAPS LOCK

From: Bryan Villados <groink1_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:26:01 -1000

Quick question...

While replacing the foam pads on my Lisa keyboard. the skirt around the CAPS LOCK switch fell off, and the pieces that the skirt held together fell apart. So now, when I push the CAPS LOCK key down, it doesn't lock and stay down. It just functions like any other key. I don't currently have a Lisa computer to test this keyboard.

The question is: On a normally functional Lisa 2 keyboard, when you push CAPS LOCK down, does the foam pad underneath make permanent contact with the PCB and stay in that position until the CAPS LOCK key is pushed again? Or, does the foam pad get pulled back up, but just not all the way up? If the CAPS LOCK stays ON even without the pad touching the PCB, I'd be totally fine with it, and won't bother to repair the locking mechanism.

Thanks!