Re: Lisa 2 video problems

From: Bill Vogel <hightrailrider_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:12:27 -0700

I hadn't thought of that. I hope that's not it. :(

Bill.
:-)(((

On Jun 29, 2014, at 5:00 PM, Jason Perkins <perkins.jason_at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:

Watching some of the guys who restore vintage TVs I've seen these sort of odd problems from bad flyback transformers as well :( I'd check the PSU first though since that's much easier to fix.

-J

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Bill Vogel <hightrailrider_at_email.domain.hidden> wrote: I'm thinking that there is a problem in the horizontal blanking circuitry, the link that goes from the flyback transformer to the video. (R16, CR4, etc.) Maybe an open cap is allowing the blanking signal to 'ring'? If you have an oscilloscope it would be useful to look at the signal in that area.

Hope that is helpful.

Bill.
:-)(((