Re: "Lisa" mice

From: Shirl Casner <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:30:43 -0600

Hello Rick,

Lisa mouse development information is available from the Stanford University archives. Info attached. Same for Apple's Lisa mouse patent (this also patents drop-down menus).

My reading from these materials is the Lisa mouse development pre-dated the Mac mouse. See page 26 of the Stanford document for Lisa mouse history and page 38 for Mac mouse comments.

It would also be very interesting reading to obtain copies of Apple's in-house mouse development newsletter which was called MOUSE DROPPINGS. The Stanford document mentions this. Obtaining development mice would also be interesting, believe these are very ... very rare.

Hope this helps.

===