Developing Office System applications?

From: <lincoln.roop_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:08:07 -0700 (PDT)

I'm interested in learning about what it would take to write a Lisa application that would actually be recognized by and run inside the Office System instead of the Programmer's Workshop. I've read some documentation, and see in an old notice to potential third-party developers, Apple mentioned the future existence of an "Application Developer's Toolkit" that would allow this, due to be available in late 1983. Did this product ever actually get released?