Re: Tips for making Twiggy images

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 16:49:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

I think I'm ready to declare victory. The three images I read from the Pascal Workshop 1.0 diskettes have yielded a successful installation of the Workshop.

Here are the disk images. Please do what you feel is necessary to ensure that they are not lost:

Disk
1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_fWRp3VVS4ajlJTkxJVFRORGc&authuser=0 Disk
2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_fWRp3VVS4YzN1NUFsM2Nyek0&authuser=0 Disk
3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_fWRp3VVS4Qll2U0FyMnk1a2c&authuser=0

The manuals have already been scanned and are available on your favorite Bitsavers mirror, e.g.:

http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/apple/lisa/workshop_1.0/

I tested the installation by running the Editor and Preferences, and by compiling the QuickDraw sample program. Except for some additional features and polish, the Workshop 1.0 experience is much like Workshop 3.x.

During installation, the information printed to the screen indicated that the editor, assembler, compiler, linker, and code generator (among others?) were all subject to the Lisa's copy protection scheme. Since I created the disk images prior to installation, then copied the images onto other disks, the images linked above are not serialized, i.e. they should be usable on any Lisa.

Workshop ProFile image available on request.

Now that I have the Workshop, it's easy for me to compile and run programs on my Lisa 1, of course. This might help out people working on Lisa emulators who would like to know more about Lisa 1 hardware. If there's any way my system can be of service to you, please let me know.

Photos from the installed Workshop follow:

--Tom

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-B_C5tmUoKX0/VOKO8o247kI/AAAAAAAAS2U/KZzf_dhMmHw/s1600/IMG_20150216_192912.jpg>

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Y1FUrNbI3w8/VOKO8ukJ1fI/AAAAAAAAS2U/QIP9Ecj3iUQ/s1600/IMG_20150216_193338.jpg>

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u2BJjkKRuUw/VOKO8pj07-I/AAAAAAAAS2U/-VcGZ-mMBm8/s1600/IMG_20150216_192211.jpg>