Re: foam pads. was: Successful keyboard jack repair

From: Simon Claessen <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:38:45 +0100

well, I just took my calipers and measured some still springy objects. there was not much variation in the thickness, but of course this could be a later (around 1983) production run, as this specific one is used in the Holborn 6100.
in this setup the pad sits just slightly above the three white corner pieces of the key plunger.

simon

I will try to make some pictures next time I am at our space.

On 07-03-15 20:46, snhirsch wrote:

> On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 2:37:31 PM UTC-5, Simon Claessen wrote:
>

> next week I will try to visit a foamshop nearby and ask them is they
> can
> make a sheet of 3.8mm. :-)
>

> I'm confused about one thing. The original Keytronic foam pads are 5mm
> thick (I've salvaged some in original shape from Sun 4 keyboards). How
> did you arrive at 3.8mm? I'm wondering if it's because the stiffer foam
> you're using is hitting "early". If you use the soft foam I mentioned
> in the earlier post, hitting early will not be an issue since it's much
> more pliable.

> ---
> Groups "LisaList" group.
> an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden
> <mailto:lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden>.

Met vriendelijke Groet,

Simon Claessen
drukknop.nl