Re: "LisaBBS" / Who knows Lisa font formats?

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 01:06:48 -0400

Eh, if I could learn some 68k asm to write the code, I'm sure someone could learn enough to read it :-)

Still, no real need to read closely because: (a) most of what it does you can find library code, or write a little C, to do
(b) every instruction has a big fat comment next to it

The Lisa Pascal compiler (which is actually a Clascal compiler---there's OO in there!) was written by a company called Silicon Valley Software and licensed? or obtained in some way by Apple. The function and procedure argument capability is listed in the manual as a difference between Apple Pascal and Lisa Pascal. It's a nice feature. I wonder if it came "for free" with some of the technology required for Clascal.

Some discussion on the Clascal Wikipedia "talk page": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AClascal

--Tom